The SearchControl is a Xojo plugin control to represent search user interface functionality.
- Native Cocoa MacOS control on MacOS X systems.
- Emulated controls on Windows and Linux systems since Windows and Linux do not have native such control.
- Emulation mode on Windows and Linux uses OS native theme renderers to get good look and feel that fits the operating systems theme.
- Optional drop down menu on the left button in the SearchControl which can use normal Xojo MenuItems for drop down menu on the left button, which makes it very easy to use and it easily supports icons in the menus. This also works for the native control on Cocoa.
- Optional cancel button on the right side.
- Can be configured to let search trigger instantly when typing.
- Can be configured to let search trigger time delayed when typing. (Usually gives best user experience)
- Can be configured to let search trigger by enter key or click on search icon.
- Can have optional search placeholder.
SearchControl not selected in OS X Yosemite
SearchControl selected in OS X Yosemite
SearchControl not selected
in Windows 7
in Windows 7
SearchControl mouse hovering on corner
button in Windows 10
SearchControl not selected in Ubuntu 14
SearchControl selected in Ubuntu 14
SearchControl runs emulation mode when in Xojo design mode on all platforms
SearchControl not selected on Raspberry PI
SearchControl selected on Raspberry PI
SearchControl selected on Windows 10 in Hi-DPI
And we can use normal Xojo menu items for the drop down Menu !
Event icons will work in the menus.
The search control only does the user interface representation. Its up to your application to do the actual searches in whatever your application wants to search in.
The control uses native Cocoa control on MacOS X in running applications. On Windows and Linux it runs in emulation mode since Windows and Linux systems do not have native such control. When in design mode in the Xojo IDE the control is displayed in emulation mode on all platforms.
This product is a commercial software, only registered users are allowed to use it.
Einhugur Software will disable all serial numbers found on Internet and all serial numbers of decoded plugins that have illegally been posted on Internet.
Einhugur Software and the author, are in no way responsible for the bugs that might be found in this product. However, Einhugur Software will do its best to fix the bugs. This software is provided by Einhugur software 'as is' without any express or implied warranties, including, but not limited to, the implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for particular purpose. In no event shall Einhugur Software or its developers be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, exemplary or consequential damages (Including, but not limited to, procurement of substitute goods or services; loss of use, data or profits; or business interruption) however caused any on any theory of liability, whether in contract, strict liability, or tort (including negligence or otherwise) arising in any way out of the use of this software, even if advised of the possibility of such damage.
Officially we only support versions noted above and up to current official (not alpha or beta versions) version of Xojo at the date of when this plugin is published. We cannot predict what changes might come in future versions of Xojo.