DataGrid is a Spreadsheet plugin control for REALbasic with a custmized dynamic datasource, which means that the Grid controls data is not loaded into memory from the datasource until its actually needed.
- Supported platforms:
- MacOS Classic PPC
- MacOS Classic Carbon
- MacOS X
- Windows 98,ME, 2000 and XP
- REALbasic's supported:
- REALbasic MacOS IDE 4.0 or later.
- REALbasic Windows IDE 5.2 or later.
- Data is not added into the DataGrid until the DataGrid requests more data for rendering.
- The DataGrid supports more than 32k of rows.
- The DataGrid can support millions of rows if you have good data source.
- Text alignment can be set for each cell.
- Font face and size can be set for each cell.
- Font style can be set for each cell.
- Horizontal and vertical text indent can be set for each cell.
- Text color can be set for each cell.
- Background color can be set for each cell.
- Top,Left, Right and Bottom borders can be set for each cell.
- Border color can be set for each cell.
- Supports Images in cells.
- Supports Progress bars in cells.
- Supports check boxes in cells.
- Image, checkbox and progressbar location can be set for each cell checkbox, image and progressbar.
- Neighbor Cells within the same row can be joined.
- The DataGrid has native support for "Even / Odd" rows.
- RowHeight can be set for each row.
- A invisible Integer ItemData can be placed behind each row.
- Column width can be set for each column.
- Supports selecting single cells, entire row, and area selection.
- Supports scrolling with a Mouse Wheel under MacOS X and Windows NT based systems.
- Text is drawn with Quartz when running on MacOS X.
- Supports Composite Windows.
- The DataGrid comes fully documented. We document our plugins with RB Plugin Plunger, which means that the documentation is built into the plugin. To read the documentation users need to download RB Plugin Plunger which is a free utility which was created by some Plugin authors to provide a standardized documentation for plugins.
- There are several example projects that come with the Grid.
- DataGrid is written in C++, its native for each target platform, no platform emulation is done. The Win32 version uses only the Windows API and the MacOS version uses only the native MacOS Toolbox (And some OS X native API's on OS X).
- The DataGrid uses REALentry API 1.0 made by Alfred Van Hoek and Einhugur Software, to provide a Grid API to 3rd party plugin developers.
- The DataGrid uses the Einhugur Grid Rendering Engine to do the screen drawing.
Other Grid controls from Einhugur Software:
Einhugur and 3rd party open source classes that extend the Einhugur Grid controls (All are unsupported by Einhugur software):
- StyleGrid Printing
Some of the items above are designed for a specific Einhugur Grid control type and may need to be tweaked to work on other types of Einhugur Grid controls.