Grid is a Spreadsheet plugin control for REALbasic. This Grid control is the simplest version of our Grid controls, and therefore uses minimum amount of memory and minimum CPU for complex rendering.
- Supported platforms:
- MacOS Classic PPC
- MacOS Classic Carbon
- MacOS X
- Windows 98,ME, 2000 and XP
- REALbasic's supported:
- REALbasic 2.1 minimum.
- REALbasic 4.x strongly recommended for best Win32 support.
- Text alignment can be set for each column.
- The Grid supports more than 32k of rows.
- One or more Grids can share the same set of data.
- One or more Grids can share the same row. The same row can also be shared within the same Grid.
- One or more Grids can share the same set of rows.
- Sets of rows can be created and populated without a reference to the Grid.
- Drawing can be locked while populating the Grid extra fast and flicker free with data.
- A invisible Integer ItemData can be placed behind each row.
- Rows can be swapped with a single command.
- Column width can be set for each column.
- Supports selecting single cells, entire row, and area selection.
- Supports scrolling with a Mouse Wheel under MacOS X and Windows.
- Text is drawn with Quartz when running on MacOS X.
- The Grid plugin comes fully documented in 3 ways:
- HTML Documentation
- On-Line Documentation
- We document our plugins with RB Plugin Plunger, which means that the documentation is built into the plugin. To read the documentation users need to download RB Plugin Plunger which is a free utility which was created by some Plugin authors to provide a standardized documentation for plugins.
- There are several example projects that come with the Grid.
- Grid is written in C++, its native for each target platform, no platform emulation is done. The Win32 version uses only the Windows API and the MacOS version uses only the native MacOS Toolbox (And some OS X native API's on OS X).
- The Grid uses the lightning fast Einhugur Floating Engine data container as its base for storing and managing data in efficient way.
- The Grid uses REALentry API 1.0 made by Alfred Van Hoek and Einhugur Software, to provide a Grid API to 3rd party plugin developers.
- The Grid uses the Einhugur Grid Rendering Engine to do the screen drawing.
Other Grid controls from Einhugur Software:
Einhugur and 3rd party open source classes that extend the Einhugur Grid controls (All are unsupported by Einhugur software):
- StyleGrid Printing
Some of the items above are designed for a specific Einhugur Grid control type and may need to be tweaked to work on other types of Einhugur Grid controls.